When I try to register my game it doesn't unlock. What should I do?
Please double check that you are entering the license key and registration name (if applicable) EXACTLY as they appear in your registration email. Your name and code must be spelled, spaced, and capitalized exactly as they appear in the email — no matter how you regularly spell, space, or capitalize your name.
To avoid errors when entering your license key or registration name, the best thing to do is copy and paste them directly into their respective fields:
To copy: Use your mouse to select your registration name or license key, then press the Ctrl and C keys simultaneously.
To paste: Click in the box where the registration name or license key is to be entered, then press the Ctrl and V keys simultaneously.
Important! - Punctuation and hidden spaces are not permitted - make sure there are no leading or trailing spaces in either your registration name or license key.
Also note that many games have similar titles. A license key for one game will not work for other games. Please make sure that you are entering your license key into the correct game.
Shockwave license keys will only work on Shockwave games. If you have installed a different version of the same game (from a different Website), please delete it, then download and install the Shockwave version.
If you need further assistance registering your game, please send us a message using the contact us form. Under "Contact Shockwave regarding", be sure to select 'Questions about a game I bought' from the menu.
I'm receiving a "Failed to contact Shockwave.com" message when entering my key information. What should I do?
The "Failed to contact Shockwave.com" message indicates that your browser or computer's security settings are not allowing the downloaded game to communicate with our server during the unlock process. Please review the following list of helpful troubleshooting tips:
- Be sure you are connected to the Internet before opening the program.
- Please check the security zone setting of your Internet browser's preferences. If the security is set too high, you might be blocked from accessing our server.
- Make sure that the date on your computer is set correctly.
- If you use any ad-blocking or security software, please disable it temporarily.
- Make sure you are not behind a firewall or other heightened security measure. The most common cause of this type of error is a firewall, proxy server, or similar product preventing the program from properly contacting the correct servers at Shockwave. If you are unable to temporarily disable your firewall, please try opening ports 80 and 22.
- If you are using Internet Explorer 5, upgrading to IE 6 or IE 7 can often resolve this issue. This can be done at Microsoft's site or from third party sites like http://www.downloads.com
- If this issue persists and you are using Windows OS, please open Internet Explorer and go to: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com . Click on the "Scan for updates" link to get the latest updates available for your computer's operating system. HighEncryption Pack and 'Root Certificates Update' should both be selected if they are available on this page.
- If you are still unable to unlock the full version, please open Internet Explorer and go to the Tools menu, then Internet Options > Advanced Settings > Security, and temporarily uncheck the box for: "Check for server certificate revocation (requires restart)". Restart your computer and try again.
- ZoneAlarm users: Even while disabled, ZoneAlarm can block access to the internet. You will need to make certain that the software is allowed access to the internet.
- If you are using McAfee Personal Firewall, please do the following:
- Right Click the McAfee icon in your task bar
- Select Personal Firewall
- Select View Applications
- Look through the list, and make certain that the program is not a blocked application. If it is, select it, and click the Delete Application Rule button.
- Start the program
- McAfee Firewall will display an alert that tells you that the software is attempting to access the internet. Click the Grant Access button
- AOL users: Please make sure that you have established a successful Internet connection to AOL before continuing. If you continue to experience problems, go to your 'Control Panel', double-click on 'Internet Options' and click on the 'Connections' tab. Under the 'Dial-up Settings' section, make sure that you have selected 'Always dial my default connection'.
- If you use a download accelerator or download manager, such as NetZip, Go!Zilla or GetRight, please disable it temporarily.
Game Unlock/Email Keys
Request Key Emails for Games You Bought
If you have lost your game registration email and need to unlock your purchased game, you can have your game registration emails sent to you again. Click here to make a request.
How do I sign into Shockwave UNLIMITED to play this game?
Enter your Shockwave UNLIMITED screen name and password in the appropriate fields located in the middle of the first screen of this game, in the section under the heading "Shockwave UNLIMITED". Click the "Play Now" button to unlock and play your game. Your Shockwave UNLIMITED password and username must be entered exactly as they appear in your confirmation email.
Other Help Topics
For more help topics, visit our complete FAQ at Shockwave.com